29905560

Goodmorning.I am currently employed as a Thoracic nurse at

Customer Question

Goodmorning.I am currently employed as a Thoracic nurse at a Private hospital.on2/1/14 my manager called me to a meeting.during that meeting she informed me that senior colleagues describe me as "working with nobody" She also stated that she thinks that I am lazy.I wish ti send her a email stating that I find this language very unprofessional .I want more information as to how she responded to staff members re comment,examples of what she means when stating that I am lazy and reassurance that this will stop.Thank you.

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Do you have a specific question about this?

JACUSTOMER-z4fiq3df- :

I want help to formulate email please

Ben Jones :

How long have you worked there for?

Ben Jones :

Also is any formal action being taken against you as a result of this?

JACUSTOMER-z4fiq3df- :

9 years.No formal action.She just said this to me herself .i find it unprofessional and hurtful and want it to stop

Ben Jones :

You can send an email along those lines to indicate you are unhappy with the comments that have been made and to request that this is dealt with appropriately. Obviously I only have limited information about what happened so there is only so much I can include in the letter but it should give you a good basis to take the matter further.

Dear XXX

I wish to express my concerns about the recent meeting that you asked me to attend where you raised some concerns about my working practices, inferring I am lazy and highlighting issues about me raised by others.

First of all I must strongly disagree with all allegations made against me. I always strive do my best in this job and it is upsetting to hear such unsubstantiated comments being made against me, without any proof or examples to back them up.

I am also concerned about the response that the staff members that complained about me received from you regarding this. I would therefore be grateful if you can please confirm exactly what they were told in response to the complaints they made and how this was handled by you - I still have to preserve my reputation so it is important for me to know exactly what was said.

I also wish to request examples of why you think that I am 'lazy'. Whilst I completely disagree with these allegations, I still wish to have details of situations that have prompted these and be given the chance to explain and defend myself.

Finally, I would request that no such allegations are made in the future without any proof that they are valid as the whole experience is highly upsetting and I also feel it is unfair as I have not been given the chance to respond or defend myself in any way.

XXXX

Ben Jones :

I see you have accessed and read my answer to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this?