My contract is for 2 years and breakable after 18 months.
breakable with a 2 months notice. It's going to be 18 months, the 15th of this month, which would mean I can leave the house on the 15th of march.Can I leave in the February without loosing the deposit and
the extra month rent?
regarding the problem, the bedroom has no easy exit in case of fire. I need to go through the kitchen to get in and out and apparently, the kitchen is a high risk place. The landlord will have to do some construction work, but she has chosen to wait until the contract finished (in July).Wouldn't this make the bedroom a security risk until then ?
I'm sorry for the delay but I didn't get an email alert for the last message. I don't know. We found out about this through a council architect that came to inspect the house. I'm not aware about any communications after that day.
communications between the landlord and the council
it is a regular house. I found out from the architect that inspected the house. the landlord was present. from that visit the architect said that the house would need some construction work to meet the criteria (and he gave a few options).The landlord said he would get back to us with a decision. That decision was to wait till the end of the contract.
therefor my question. Does this give us grounds to claim the break clause ahead of time without penalties?
Thanks again and I'm sorry if I'm not being very clear
Its bad news.
Unless the Council have said the property is not fit to be occupied then you can not break the contract.
If they had served an improvement notice or enforcement notice you may have had grounds.
But if they have done none of this and do not say that tenants should not be living there then sadly you can not end it.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?