75100385

Hello, I joined a courier exchange site, where you have to

Customer Question

I joined a courier exchange site, where you have to pay to join, to receive sameday courier work from companies to deliver goods on there behalf, when the courier companies/member post joins on the exchange , user/members like my self will bid for the job. , when the member who posted the job accepts your bid/how much you're willing to do a job.

I on this occasion did a job for member collection from Watford deliver to Blackpool, collecting 12:30-13:30 deliver by 1900 on the sameday,

I arrived at collection point in Waterford, at 12:40 waited to be loaded, once loaded at 13:15. I departed from collection point at around 13:25-35.

I stopped in the area until 13:50 after that I set of to delivery Blackpool to deliver goods, proceeding towards on M1 whilst on M1 I met with heavy traffic due to Friday rush hour and also due to accident and delays between junctions 17 to 23 (1hour to hour and 45 mins delay, stand stil traffic).

Between the hours of 14:30-15:30 (not sure what the exact time was) stopped at hardshoulder to check coolant level, at this point I dropped my phone on the tar mac resulting in iPhone screen smashed, making it un operable. Receipt available for repairs.

After this I joined the M6 heading towards Blackpool, (heavy traffic due to road works and Friday rush hour ).

at 16:15 I came off junction 9 of the M6 and 16:30 rejoined M6 at j10.

19:30 arrived at Blackpool, unloaded goods.

Around 20:30 contacted the exchange member who I was doing the job, to info of delivery completed.

On the Monday I received email from the member saying that they will not pay me for the job because I delivered the goods at 10pm.

Also the same member complained to exchange website, so I sent the proof of delivery, and explained in the email what had happened, exchange to confirm delivery and the member trying to pull a fast one, so that they don't wish to pay and taking advantage of me being a new to exchange.

The exchange web site , post a negative feedback on my membership after explaining the facts, thus the negative feed back effects the work I will receive, so I requested that they the exchange website remove the negative feedback 'innocent until proven guilty'

The exchange refuse to remove the feedback so I requested that they are being biased, and will not log onto the exchange to receive and or bid for jobs until they remove the unfair feedback and they will be liable to pay loss of earnings based on my average earnings on from the exchange.

I have not used /logged onto the exchange for about 5-6 weeks now, and I have been off work. This has caused a lot of stress and depression.

I hope I made sense?

Where do I stand

Best regards

Azhar Iqbal

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

I assume the feedback service is similar to Ebay? Does the feedback service give a right to reply please?

JACUSTOMER-0jngf0fh- : Yes that's correct the feedback service is similar to EBay and the feedback service does allow to reply but after sending proof
JACUSTOMER-0jngf0fh- : ...on paper to verify that the feedback was unfair & biased. Regardless the individual (staff at the exchange website) who decided to upheld only on bases that He was arrogant and took the biased decision due to when i corrected him with the decision he was making was unfair & biased and look at the evidence rather than decide from him self!
Alex Watts :

What do the terms and conditions of contract say about feedback removal etc?

JACUSTOMER-0jngf0fh- : Innocent until proven guilty, decision being made after seeing the evidence but this has not been the case!
Alex Watts :

So you are saying they have ignored their own terms, is that right?

JACUSTOMER-0jngf0fh- : Yes!
Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request they rectify the situation within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this recorded delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation. You can ask the Court for compensation and/or an Order that they remove the wrong feedback

JACUSTOMER-0jngf0fh- : Yes if they looked at the evidence provided and then made a decion then fine but not looking at the evidence and making a unfair negative feedback decision! That's what I am objecting and on bases of principles and I have informed the exchange that I will not use there services which I have already paid for them to provide a service to me until they remove unfair negative feedback which affects the jobs I do for other customers! Hence I have been without work for over 4-6 weeks!
Alex Watts :

Yes indeed, but you can take the above action to try and resolve the situation.

Alex Watts :

Does this help?