75100385

Hi I had booked a homebuyer survey over the phone, phoned

Customer Question

Hi I had booked a homebuyer survey over the phone, phoned them what was happening but they were not sure. They said to me it will be done today or might have already been done. Phoned them again to cancelas I am not happy with the service. Now she is telling me its done and I have to pay. I have not signed anything or any paperwork. So am I still in duty to pay.

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Did anyone actually turn up please?

JACUSTOMER-vjsor68z- :

Yes they did

JACUSTOMER-vjsor68z- :

I just found out

JACUSTOMER-vjsor68z- :

But if I havent signed any document still I can be liable

Alex Watts :

Yes, if you agreed over the telephone then you can still be liable.

Alex Watts :

This is because contracts can be oral as well as written. You do not need to sign a contract in order to be bound.

Alex Watts :

For example if you go into Tesco and purchase a TV after you have paid, there is a contract.

Alex Watts :

There was no written agreement but it was because you purchased it.

Alex Watts :

So sadly you are liable for the fees.

Alex Watts :

But only if they have carried out the work

Alex Watts :

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and it is certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

Alex Watts :