75100385

Advice regarding mutual exchanges please On 22nd October I

Customer Question

Advice regarding mutual exchanges please
On 22nd October I sent a request to my landlord A2Dominion for a mutual exchange to a property under North Devon Homes.
I heard nothing from A2 Dominion until I went into their office with my husband on 12th November and explained that we were currently joint tenants but our relationship had come to an end so I would be moving to Devon with our 3 children and he would no longer be a joint tenant in the new property in Devon he is happy for this to go ahead and told A2 Dominion this.
We then went in to their offices again to sign paperwork about taking my husband off the tenancy.
I heard no more about the mutual exchange from A2 but North Devon Homes asked me to go into their office for an interview which I did taking my aunt with me.
They said we could move on 31st December 2013
Still hearing nothing from A2 Dominion and being Christmas holidays they were closed until last Thursday 2nd I sent an email to the person who was supposed to be dealing with the mutual exchange only to get a reply back saying the were taking the 42 day rule from 11th December they did not give a reason for this.
I then contacted Nirth Devon Homes who said they hadn't recipe ex any paperwork from A2
I spoke with a line manager at A2 who also have no reason as to why the date had gone back.
Today I spoke with the couple I am doing the exchange with.
They have now been told by North Devon Homes the sign up date is 17th January 2014
But still I have heard nothing from A2 Dominion
I am at the end of my patience as I had a job and a college course lined up in Devon that I have now lost and my children need to go to their new school.
Also the couple we are exchanging with are becoming annoyed due to the long delay.
I got advice regarding the 42 day rule under The Housing Act 1985 section 92
But A2 Dominion has disregarded this.
Please help with some advice

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

In short A2 are taking far longer than they should be and have failed to give you any or a proper reason at all?

JACUSTOMER-uz1wc4fx- : Thank you for your help
JACUSTOMER-uz1wc4fx- : Thank you for your help.
Alex Watts :

Have you made any formal complaints yet?

JACUSTOMER-uz1wc4fx- : Thank you for your help. My email address is [email protected] but for whatever reason this site wouldn't except this so I had to use my husbands email address. Beverley is my niece she's 44 and has lived in the A2Dominion house in Stanwell Middlesex for 17 years. There are no rent arrears no antisocial issues and no other reasons to cause any problems. A2 Diminion tried saying they had sent Beverley a letter but it never arrived and they couldn't say when it was posted or what it said. If you need to call me my number is 01884 842553
Alex Watts :

Sadly all communication must be on the site.

Alex Watts :

But in short A2 are dragging their heels?

JACUSTOMER-uz1wc4fx- : thank you for your help. It's actually my niece Beverley who is the tenant at A2Dominion and has been for 17 years. There are no rent arrears or any other reason to decline the mutual exchange. A2 Domion say they sent Bevererly a letter but she did not recueve it and A2 couldn't say what the content was or when it was posted. My number is 01884 842553 many thanks Wendy
Alex Watts :

JACUSTOMER-uz1wc4fx- :

Hi My niece contacted the person who is supposed to be dealing with the exchange line manager but she still has not got back to my niece. What should be here next course of action?

JACUSTOMER-uz1wc4fx- :

Many thanks Wendy

Alex Watts :

1) Needs to write and make a formal complaint to the Chief Executive. The department will investigate this and report back to you

Alex Watts :

2) If you are unhappy with the response then you can go to the Ombudsman. They are independent and can consider your complaint for free and make any recommendations.

Alex Watts :

Their website is: http://www.housing-ombudsman.org.uk/

Alex Watts :

But they would have expected you first to complain formally to the Association.

Alex Watts :

But these are the steps you should take to resolve this matter

Alex Watts :