29905560

I have a police caution on my C R B . my proposed employer

Customer Question

I have a police caution on my C R B . my proposed employer is aware but my current employer is not. My current employer is acting as referee will the question be asked re the caution when telephoning for reference.

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What level of checking are you facing?

JACUSTOMER-2ng9b6db- :

the proposed employer is paying for a DBRs check and are aware of the caution. I have discussed this with them but am concerned about what they may ask my current employer when phoning for reference as she is not aware of the caution and I do not wish to loose my position with her.

JACUSTOMER-2ng9b6db- :

will the proposed employer ask my reference provider how they feel or felt about employing me with a police caution ? or are they not permitted to ask such a question only about performance relating to the current post?

JACUSTOMER-2ng9b6db- : I have been waiting for more than half hour for a reply to the question posted to Ben Jones and not recieved feply. Your site saysmy e mail is registered to another user...this cannot be! . Please post a reply to [email protected] or my daughtet on [email protected] alternatively ring XXXXXXXXXXX I have paid £33 for this service.
Ben Jones :

Hello,sorry I was offline by he time you had replied. So just to clarify - you are starting a new job - the new employer knows about the caution but the current one does not. If that is the case, why are you worried about the current employer finding out, or have I misunderstood your query?

JACUSTOMER-2ng9b6db- : I did not get the job anyway due to my caution but as This is multiple employment ie would have been cintinuing work within current post. that was my concern.
Ben Jones :

well did you have a duty to report this caution to the current employer - either as a regulatory obligation, a contractual one, or when you started because it was asked in the application form?