29905560

Now my son is getting married in the US and desperately need

Customer Question

Now my son is getting married in the US and desperately need a visa to attend the wedding. Which other means can I get to US to attend this wedding

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Why has your visa application been denied?

JACUSTOMER-7w7eci1k- : This is my case.In 2008, precisely 27th August 2008, I attended the DV lottery interview. In the letter for interview, they had told me to come with my highest certificate plus some other documents.I presented all the documents requested including my MBA certificate which was my highest.At the interview, the interviewer now requested for the transcript of my MBA which was not part of the documents I was told to bring.I schooled in Nigeria and this interview was in London. I called my university to send me the transcript which took a while before getting to us.After that,they now requested for my secondary school certificate which was being kept by my mother because I had no need for it after my first degree certificate.When I went to do my MBA, all the school needed was my first degree so I never bothered again with the secondary school certificate. Permit me to mention here that my mother died on the 5th June 2008 and was buried on the 1st August 2008. I returned back from Nigeria to UK on the 16th August,2008 after my mother's burial.At this point when the secondary school certificate was being demanded for, it was few days left for the September 30th deadline to be issued the Visas for DV lotteries.At this point, I called my brother in Nigeria to search and see if he could get where my mum kept the certificate but couldn't locate it.At this point we contacted a man that was working with Examination council to help get the duplicate copy of my certificate. I paid all the charges and even more for re issuing the secondary school certificate.Because time was against me, I told him to mail the result through a courier service in order to get to the embassy before the last day.I forgot to mention that they were initially saying that my MBA certificate was fake but the university wrote a letter to debunk that.Few days later, I called the embassy to find out if they have received the certificate and only to be told that the statement of result they received was fake.I later found one of my old temporary statement of result that was given to me by the examination council when the certificate was not yet issued.I equally sent that to them but was still refused the visas.Few days later they told me that the deadline for the issuance of the visas had passed and so could not issue them.I tried severally to get in touch with the man that assisted in getting the statement of result issued but to no avail.In 2009, when I travelled to Nigeria, I went to the examination council office and was told that the man was no longer working there.This is my story. I did not intentionally submit a fraudulent certificate.In 2011, I was in Nigeria to do a job for my state. The job was to take me to Las Vegas for a leadership training so I went to the US embassy in Abuja, Nigeria for a non immigrant visa and was denied on the ground of sec 212(a)(6)(c)(i) and was stated in the refusal letter that am eligible for a waiver.I was told to re apply for a visa and seek the waiver at the time of interview which I did.Few weeks later, the embassy told me that the waiver was not granted and no reason was given to me.All these happened before I became a British Citizen last yearThank you.
Ben Jones :

If you have applied through the embassy and have been rejected then there is no other way you may try and get a visa to the US I'm afraid - the only way is to be issued a visa through the US Embassy in your country so if you have been rejected all you can do is keep submitting applications in the hope that a different official will deal with it and will make a different decision. But they will have access to your previous applications and can see your application history so if you have numerous rejections then it may not look good either and can further increase the difficulty in getting a visa. Whilst I understand you may wish to visit the US for your son's wedding, it is unfortunately the case that the country does not owe it to you to allow you in, so if they believe there are reasons ahy you should not be allowed a visa it is entirely lawful to reject your applications and all you can realistically do is keep trying.

Ben Jones :

I see you have accessed and read my answer to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this?