12826847

My name isXXXXX recently applied at the end

Customer Question

My name isXXXXX recently applied at the end of September to a company called immigration to 0z(Australia)The company is situated in Guildford Surrey.Mr XXXXX XXXXX is the employer, and employs staff to work within his, business,My partner Miguel and me went to meet Mr Adams and had to have an appointment,we went down to Surrey on the 26th September,he informed us that he would be able to assist us with our student visa application, and we were given a contract,previous to this appointment, he asked Miguel for £120 for his initial consultation that was over the telephone.Miguel paid this amount and as receipts to prove it, mr Adams looked through Myself and Miguels documents,he took copies of these, which included my course of enrolment certificate and overseas student healthcare insurance, for the course which I've enrolled for in Brisbane,Queensland.which is a nursing dipoma course for 18 months., . He took copies of both our passports,and then gave us a list of what other information we would need to prove our de facto relationship.Miguel and I agreed with Mr Adams that this would be no problem, as we'd been in a relationship with each other for nearly 18months.Miguel paid another £450,in total £570.As the weeks went by we kept in touch with the office and every time we rang we passed to a different member of staff, first it was Emma then it was Warrick,he asked us for our photographs and air tickets again from our holiday in Portugal 2012, to which I replied we'd sent these in the first special delivery packet in October 2013, we sent 3 packages in total.I started to get a bad feeling about this employee of Mr Adams, and felt that he wasn't competent,and we'd trusted him to look after our documents,he also sent me an email to advise he would start to charge us £100 an + vat,i wasn't happy about this and started to get very anxious, and we made a decision to travel down to surrey.we did that on the 5th December 2013, to collect our documents.My first thought was to go to the Police as I didn't know what i'd be up against when I got to the office,Miguel didn't go with me. I went on my own.. The police advised that they wouldn't be able to help as this was a civil matter, and advised me to go to the citizens advise bureau, which I did and took advise from a nice man called Graeme,he asked me to write a checklist of all the documents and check off each one that I receive back from them,i agreed with him.I went to the office and knocked on the door and warrick was very surprised to see me,I started to lose my temper and called him a con man, and I wanted him to give me back all our documents that we'd sent them, he started to gather all what he could find of our documents, and I noticed that the documents hadn't even been put into a tidy filing system, they were in crumpled envelopes with tea stains on them.which made me more uncertain of the service that we'd paid them to provide us with, they advised me that they could apply for my student visa and because Miguel wanted to come with it was a little more complicated, and it was going to take more time, I replied that I didn't want to continue with there help and said goodbye that was after i'd collected all my documents together, and signed a form to agree i'd received them, and took a copy of the form.Miguel as studied and worked in Australia and had lived there for a few years, he did have a few problems with immigration, and was asked to leave Brisbane because he'd over stayed.He was given a 3 year ban from 2010 until 2013.The ban is now finished.Because we're short of time now as the orientation starts on the 24th Jan. The course starts on the 28th Jan2014 ,these people have set us right back and left us with a problem.It appears we took advise from another agent in Canberra, and he said to complain to Mara which is an authority that deals with migration agents,i haven't complained to them as yet, because I've written a letter of complaint to XXXXX XXXXX, that was the 23rd December 2013,I sent the letter through the post by special delivery, I've only this week had a reply from them,and he's emailed me to say he will let me know shortly his decision. i'd given them 7 days notice in which to reply.Christmas and the New Year we all know can delay the post.The situation i'm in now is that I haven't got my student visa that I paid them to help me with and they still have our money £570 in total, and they've done nothing.I've filled in the student visa application and emailed the documents to the Australian Embassy in London yesterday the 9th January.I've asked if they will look at this as an urgent case and I've not yet had a reply. I was starting to get very worried and applied for a tourist visa and that was approved.I've explained my situation to the Australian Embassy on the phone and they've advised to enter Australia on the correct visa as we could be turned away when we get to immigration border.We still haven't heard about miguels yet.
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
My name is Alex Hughes and I'm happy to help with your question today.

Could you please state specifically what you wish to know?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't know if there is any more information I can give you, except, that I forgot to add Miguel didn't over stay in Australia, he worked more hours than he should of worked, he was only allowed to work 20 hours, and he was asked to leave. could this affect is chances of going back to Australia ever again.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hello please can you refund my £40 to my visa card as i'm not getting anywhere with this question. thanks.