12826847

My operating center is slough but i have to go to purfleet

Customer Question

My operating center is slough but i have to go to purfleet to pick up goods for delivery. At night my driver do the same working from purfleet. The vehicle remain in purfleet for 4-5 days a week. weekends lorry is back to operating center in slough. Am I legally in operation or there are some reportings and paper work need doing. However there is no fix term delivery contract with the company. we are call in when the company has goods to deliver
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
My name is Alex Hughes and I'm happy to help with your question today.

I'm not sure I fully understand the issue. Please clarify?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Att. Alex Hughes

VOSA rules says that HGV lorries has to come back to their nominated operating center to park up for the night when finish days work.

In my case I have a operating center in slough where I park up my lorry when I finish work. To find work I sometimes have to travel far e.g. I travel to Purfleet to work in a tarmac plant. I do my driving hours take my breaks etc and when finish work park up my lorry in Purfleet in the tarmac plant. The reason for the lorry to stay in Purfleet is that there is work to be carried out during the night shift. My night driver takes over this shift. So on occasion my lorry would stay in purfleel for 4 to 5 days in a working week. Since this is not my operating center am I within the legal frame work for lorry parking for days away from my operating center ? Eventhough its parked in a lorry parking designated area allocated by the plant in charge do I still need to inform the traffic commissioners office about this temporary change ? If I do then what is the procedure please? Thankyou

Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the additional information. Unfortunately I am not an expert on this issue so I have opted out. Another expert will be along to assist you soon.