12826847

My husband moved out a week ago. He wants a divorce. Ive

Customer Question

My husband moved out a week ago. He wants a divorce.

I've agreed to let him move back in every second weekend, until we're divorced, to spend time with the children and I'll go and stay at a friend's house.

Am I giving up any rights or compromising my position in any way as he's the one who "left me" by allowing him to come back and stay and I move out? Many thanks.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old are the children and why is this arrangement necessary?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There are 3 girls, aged 16, 14 and 10.

I'm not sure this arrangement is necessary, but it seemed like a good idea at the time so that he could maintain relationships with the children. My husband has moved back into his mother's house as an interim arrangement. This is about 45 minutes away, and could easily accomodate the children were they to go there every alternate weekend.

Now that I'm starting to get over the shock, I wonder whether this "kindness" on my side will effectively be interpreted in the divorce proceedings as my husband still living in our matrimonial home, and if so, this will compomise my ability to secure the best possible divorce terms.

In short, am I compromising my own future financial security and independance with this "kindness"?

How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What other assets are there and what income do you each have?
Are the children Ok with this arrangement?