LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

JUDGEMENT MADE AGAINST MARK GRADY FOR DEPT,HE IS SELF EMPLOYED

Customer Question

JUDGEMENT MADE AGAINST MARK GRADY FOR DEPT,HE IS SELF EMPLOYED .HOW DO WE FIND OUT HOW TO TAKE THIS OPTION.IT IS THE ONLY ONE THAT APPLIES TO HIM
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 3 years ago.

LondonlawyerJ :

Hello I am a lawyer with over 5 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

LondonlawyerJ :

Can you tell me how much the judgement is for, which court made the order and when the order was made. I take it you have taken not steps yet to enforce the order.

JACUSTOMER-v48t8h84- :

WHEN I REGISTERED YESTERDAY I FORGOT TO GIVE THE CLAIM NUMBER WHICH IS 3QZ14845 AGAINST MARK GRADY FOR THE SUM OF 900£ .FROM MRS D GALLIE .ORDER NUMBER 13807352-333

Optional Information:
System of Law: England-and-Wales

Already Tried:
I AM ASKING FOR THE BEST OPTION TO RECLAIM THE MONEY AS HE IS SELF EMPLOYED

LondonlawyerJ :

OK thankyou for that. I will answer you later this evening.

LondonlawyerJ :

OK so you have a judgement against Mr Grady for £900.00 You have an order from the County Court for this and you want to know about how to enforce the judgement. I assume the money is overdue and there is no permission on the order for Mr Grady to pay in instalments. Mr Grady is self employed.

Probably the best way to enforce this order is to apply for a warrant of excecution. ie send the bailiffs round to demand payment or to seize property of his to sell to settle the judgement. As he is not in employment there is no point applying for deductions from his wages.

The way to do this is:

-complete form N323 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n323-eng.pdf

-pay the fee of £100. (this will be recovered if the warrant is enforced but if it is not you may lose the fee).

Then wait for the bailiffs to enforce the order and send you your money. Mr Grady can apply to suspend the warrant uit he would need a very good reason for this and would very likely end up owing your more money if he took this course of action.

An alternative way of enforcing the order would be to seek a third party debt order where eg you can freeze his bank account and obtain payment from that account. This is a much more complex and difficult procedure than seeking a warrant of execution.

These are links to 2 seful elalets about enforcing judgements :

http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/ex321-eng.pdf

http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/ex322-eng.pdf

I hope I have answered your question but f you need any further help then please let me know. I apologise for the delay in answering. I had intended to do so yesterday but unfortunately something urgent came up that prevented me from doing so. I would also be very grateful If you would please rate the service I have given you. This will not close the question and you can continue to ask me about this.