12826847

Parts A and B can be but are not necessarily of equal weight

Customer Question

Aidan and Brigid are the parents of Cuthberga who is married to Dermot. All four of them decided that since Aidan was retired and Brigid not in good health, they should pool their resources and buy a house to live in together. ‘Jarrow View’ was bought in 2007, the purchase price being £400,000. Aidan and Brigid contributed £150,000 (the net sale proceeds of their former bungalow) and Dermot £50,000. The balance was provided by the South Shields Building Society (SSBS) by way of a mortgage. However, Aidan and Brigid were reluctant to commit themselves to a mortgage and so ‘Jarrow View’ was transferred into the names of Dermot and Cuthberga who also were mortgagors under the SSBS mortgage. In 2010, Dermot wanted to raise funds for a business venture and he and Cuthberga agreed to re-mortgage ‘Jarrow View’ but decided not to tell Aidan and Brigid so as not to cause them anxiety. Dermot and Cuthberga obtained mortgage funds of £375,000 from Hebburn Finance (HF), part of which redeemed the SSBS mortgage and the rest Dermot invested in his business venture. One year ago, Dermot’s business venture failed, and he and Cuthberga subsequently failed to make the monthly payments due to HF. Recently, Brigid accidentally opened a letter from HF addressed to Dermot and Cuthberga which said HF were commencing possession proceedings in respect of ‘Jarrow View’. Aidan and Brigid consult you saying they assume that since they have a substantial share in ‘Jarrow View’ which they occupy as their home, the law will protect them from HF. Advise them. AND B Non-lawyers do not understand why the process of selling and buying a house should not be as quick and simple as the purchase of a car or any other item of personal property. Describe the stages involved in the transfer of a house, and explain why selling and buying a house may be lengthy, complicated, and full of uncertainty.

hello i just want a briefing on what to do in the situation and case law to focus on and what topics to focus on and an outline on how to answer  anything really to help.

thank you 

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello how long do I wait for though ?

I'm afraid JustAnswer cannot guarantee a time but most questions are answered in a timely manner.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist.

Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 2 years ago.

Is this a homework/essay question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes It is , just need to know how to go about it with case laws cause I'm rather confused

I am happy to provide some guidance, but I amnot prepared to answer the question for you. Is this ok?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

where do i get what was written on it ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi not received a single thing , not even the guidance as stated ,not seen anything at all

I've been working hard to find another Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can I just get my money back pls