My wife has been hit with a DVLA "Requisition" - "No SA

Customer Question

My wife has been hit with a DVLA "Requisition" - "No SAN Required" 144 APR. This appears to be a court Summons in accordance with Section 12(7) of the Magisrates Court Act 1980 and derived from section 144A (1) of the Road Traffic Act 1988.

It is a car we have that we dont use and should have insured os SORN'ed but did not as we were caught up with some family challenges and simply forgot. They send a fine and notification that was paid and then I forgot to insure. We had no further information until this arrived yesterday.

Naturally, my wife should plead guilty, but I am worried about the extent of the penalty. All it says is that the maximum penalty os £1000 (level 3) and £110 to legal costs. If they impose an unreasonable fine am I at their mercy? or is there a standard rate for a guilty plea and not needing to show up at court?

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Whats your weekly income please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my wife earns approx £200 a week and I earn considerably more

Does she have any other points? If so from when?

Also, I notice that you haven't yet rated a previous answer so I would be grateful if you could do that now.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

she has only a provisional licence and has no points

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

I see the expert has opted out, did you also include a statement of income please?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you Alex but the response was taking rather a ling time and I have decided to let it go

Ok, no problem. All the best,