12826847

The hillingdon council has recently reduced our housing benefit

Customer Question

The hillingdon council has recently reduced our housing benefit how can we move further to ask frothe shortfall?

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Why has it been cut please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I understand that the council has simply reduced housing benefits as per councils decision on 16th December 2013.Please advise what avenues available.I am a disabled re tired dialysis patient and this shortfall in housing benefit is difficult.

If this is just the benefit cap that was introduced last year coming into force then there is nothing that can be done about that I'm afraid.

There were some class actions that were brought to try to block this and they failed I'm afraid.

You do have a right to live in your property undisturbed but this isn't interfering with your rights to live there. This is just the council demanding that payments are reduced to bring the claim in line with the average wage. Its part of the Government's policy that benefits should not provide for more than the average wage.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.