12826847

We are a RTM compmany formed 3 years ago.We took over the

Customer Question

We are a RTM compmany formed 3 years ago. We took over the RTM of a converted building in NW London because the Freeholder ( XXX Ltd A liberian company managed out of Jersey) issued us with a S20 Notice for £300K for works that we considered unnecessary. XXX Ltd is controlled by a UK group of companies, but hidden (one can only assume for tax avoidance). In the building there are 8 flats. 4 are owned by "friendly" leaseholders, and 4 by companies related either formally or informally to XXX Ltd and the UK Group. The UK Group has been trying to take control of the RTM. 4 of the flats are now registered at Companies House as the owned by the UK company, but the UK company accounts are non trading. On investigation, the UK Comapany acts as Nominee for the beneficial owners. The UK company has applied to become member of the RTM for the 4 flats. Q1. Can we force the UK Company to disclose the beneficial owners before letting them become members? Q2. If they become members, they will effectively have 5 votes - 1 as freeholder and 4 as lesees. The "friendly" leaseholders will only have 4. What protection is available to stop them from taking absolute control and spending £300K on the building? Additional info re the £300K costs. 4-5 years ago, the previous freeholder and leaseholder of what was then the roof space converted it to a "flat" without planning permission or building regs. Camden council now have an enforcement order for its removal and the Freeholder wants to charge this cost by way of service charges to the leaseholders - in addition to other over specified and over priced works. Many Thanks

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Nicola,

I am happy to wait whilst you find a Professional.

JUSTIN

Hello Justin,

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Hello Justin,

I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Hello Justin,

Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.

Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK, lets close and refund.

JUSTIN