12826847

Power of attorney: a couple of years back...

Customer Question

A couple of years back (christmas 2011) I discovered that my Brother had filed a Financial Power Of Attorney on our Mother, in conjunction with my Cousin, without telling me anything about it. I am not included. Is this legal that he can just go ahead a do that without at least advising me? He has now finally found a specialist that agrees with him that she has mild dementia, after trawling her around many specialists who said she had a mild cognitive disorder. I am very worried for my Mother as my Brother has always wanted her house and money etc...

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Happy to continue Nicola, thank you

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please continue

Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.

Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok I guess I'll have to take the refund then.

Thanks,

Paul