LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

Directions questionnaire

Customer Question

Could you please give inform me of the strengths and weaknesses of using the directions questionnaire in terms of ensuring that a civil case proceeds in an effective way... I will need reference to CPR and case law if possible Thanks

Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 3 years ago.

LondonlawyerJ :

Good morning. I am a lawyer with over 15 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

JACUSTOMER-ji7ijhzs- :

LondonlawyerJ :

Can you clarify things. Tell me in general terms what your case is about (eg is it a money claim, a contract action a personal injury action etc.). Which court and which track is it in? Are you the Claimant or the Defendant? Are you considering whether to respond to a questionnaire or concerned that someone may not? Or are you a law student looking for help with an answer? Answers to these will help me tailor my answer to your needs.

JACUSTOMER-ji7ijhzs- :

I am a law student looking for help with an answer

JACUSTOMER-ji7ijhzs- :

It is a matter of great urgency

LondonlawyerJ :

I will be in court his morning but will answer you later today. When is your answer due?

JACUSTOMER-ji7ijhzs- :

this evening by 5pm

JACUSTOMER-ji7ijhzs- :

Do you think you will be able to assist well before then as obviously I have to put the work together...

LondonlawyerJ :

I think I won't be able to help in that time and if my case overruns definitely not. Your starting point is Part 26 of the CPR. You probably know that anyway but goo dluvk wihthtis..

JACUSTOMER-ji7ijhzs- :

thank you

LondonlawyerJ :

I sent you another message but it seems to have got lost. You probably know this anyway but your starting point is part 26 of Civil Procedure Rules. The main point of it is to make sure that litigation is dealt with proportionately in terms of costs and time allocated to each case. It helps with Judicial Case management. A downside migth be that the whole schee restricts teh parties abilities to run the case as they would like.

LondonlawyerJ :

Hope this helps and I would be grateful if you would please take the time to rate my service.