12826847

Dear Sirs I received a parking ticket which I omitted to pay

Customer Question

Dear Sirs
I received a parking ticket which I omitted to pay within 14 days, therefore I incurred a charge of £50.00 which I do not dispute.

I contacted Royal Borough of Windsor (RBWM) to see if I had an penalty notice outstanding in which they advised my nothing was showing up on their system. I was surprised because I did think one was still outstanding. Since my telephone call I then received a letter from informing me a penalty notice was still outstanding and the fine had increased to £75.00. I wrote to RBWM informing them that I contacted them and was advised nothing was outstanding and provided a copy of my telephone bill proof of my call and enclosed a cheque for £50.00, which was returned. They informed me from their message recording it appears that I can them a reg number of LN59 PCB and not LN59 PVC, despite this reg number being repeated I agreed to the reg number quoted to me on two occassions. I have requested an audio copy of the conversation and if it is clear I am in the wrong I will the full £75.00, otherwise I will only pay £50.00. RBWM say they cannot give me an audio copy due to encryption and have not provided written word to word of the conversation, also there are inaccuracies in their last letter. Could you please advise if I am in the right to demand an audio copy to ensure that it is clear that either I was in the wrong or the member of staff at RBWM, is this something that would be worth waiting and letting them take me to court as I am not disputing the penalty charge only the amount they are saying is due?

Mrs Jane Stallworthy

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Who is the issuer please?