13262538

in 1992/1993, I took my ex wife to court on two occasions to

Customer Question

in 1992/1993, I took my ex wife to court on two occasions to get access to see my child, both cases i was awarded reasonable access. I then went to go and pick my son up and shed moved with no forwarding address. I tried finding him but no joy, years have passed and iv found him online, he has no belief I tried gaining access and I have lost all paperwork. what can I do to prove to him solicitors has now gone. so want to no if can get proof of court records trying to see my son
I have to admit that I am not hopeful - but do you remember which court it was in?
Did you use a Barrister?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Rotherham county courts the solicitors I dealt with for both divorce and access was winn and cooper at chapeltown, but they are no longer there but the case number on my divorce papers is 93D0134,i literally don't know where to turn

Do you remember if a Barrister represented you in court ever?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes but I caant remember there name winn and cooper arranged everything

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I know I had a barrister though

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

cant remember the name , but yes

Ok
There is no easy answer but I can give you some ideas.
The starting point is to ask the court if there is anything on your divorce file - you have the number.
There is no guarantee as by then Children Cases were being dealt with under separate case numbers
HOWEVER it did take time for some courts to adopt this so there is at least a chance that Rotherham were still linking the cases in 1992/1993.
If that fails then the next stage is to enquire of the local law Society
http://www.sheffieldlawsociety.co.uk/
who took over the files from Winn and Cooper.
It is unlikely that the file is still in existence - but it is still possible and worth asking.
If nothing else they may have details of the lawyer who dealt with the case - who may remember the barrister.
Barristers keep their written notes - some of them forever.
As a last resort you could contact all the barristers chambers in the area to ask if any of them recall the case
I hope these give you some ideas of where to start
Please ask if you need some assistance