29905560

We are in dispute with British Airways re a return Club class

Customer Question

We are in dispute with British Airways re a return Club class flight to South Africa last November i.e. going out flat beds not working, no lights for reading (darkness through the night) and no entertainment system working. On the return flight, no information at Capetown airport, stood waiting for 6 hours from 7pm, no food or drink, taken to a hotel at 1am with no refreshment whatsoever. People fainting at the airport and in a very agitated state. The airline knew that previous evening that there was a knock on from a faulty plane the day before and that there was no possibility of us departing on the proper day. We paid £6,000 of hard earned money for these flights and feel very dissatisfied with their compensation offer of 80,000 Avios points for each of us. What other course of action can we take for a satisfactory outcome?

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Now that you have tried resolving this matter directly with BA and they have refused to issue an financial compensation apart from the points they have offered, your only real option is to consider whether to take them to court. As this would be below £10,000 it will be a small claims court issue and it will be reasonably straightforward, without the need to involve solicitors. I can go through the few steps you need to take to proceed things further if you would like?

Ben Jones :

I see you have accessed and read my answer to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this?