tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
73598664

We booked a cruise on the 3 aug 2013 to go on 24 Sept my wife

Customer Question

We booked a cruise on the 3 aug 2013 to go on 24 Sept my wife had her own insurance with Nat West which has payed out I took one out with INSUREANDGO who state that (Canceling or cutting short your trip because of a medicalcondition or any illness related to a medical condition you know about at the time of taking out this insurance and\or for annual multi trip policy prior to booking of any individual trip T his applies toyou a relative businsess associate or a person you are travelling with and any person you were depending on for this trip ),I had to cancel as my wife died of cancer 30 sept (she had a kidney removed in 2010 which had cancer in it, she had the all clear THE END OF MAY thats why we booked the trip. WHAT I would like to know is it worth pursueing this claim £1000 a lot to lose when your on a pension
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.

tdlawyer :

Hello, thank you for your question.

tdlawyer :

My name is Tony, I can assist with this.

tdlawyer :

Why is the insurer refusing to pay?

JACUSTOMER-kphmkehl- :

because she had cancer before

JACUSTOMER-kphmkehl- :

all the docs I sent to them noted she had a kidney removed i 2010 that had cancer in it

tdlawyer :

So you revelae789.+

JACUSTOMER-kphmkehl- :

cant send docs as they kept them all it took many phone calls to get them to send the death certicate back

tdlawyer :

So you revealed everything of relevance that you knew to them?

JACUSTOMER-kphmkehl- :

yes

tdlawyer :

Then yes, I think you should pursue this. It is a lot of money to lose, regardless of being on a pension or otherwise! You need to do a letter to them setting out that you're entitled to be paid out and if they refuse, then you need to ask them for their "final response". Then you should refer the dispute to the financial ombudsman service.

tdlawyer :

You get the forms for the ombudsman service from his website: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk

tdlawyer :

It's a very "consumer friendly" service; it's nothing like going to court, they do all the investigating for you and will report back on their findings.

JACUSTOMER-kphmkehl- :

My wifes insurance payed up without question

tdlawyer :

They can force the insurer to pay up.

tdlawyer :

Does this assist - does this give some guidance on what you need to do?