12826847

The cleaners could smell marijuana in my corridor. And

Customer Question

The cleaners could smell burnt marijuana in my corridor. And decided to check the room, I was inside mine and they came in, I asked if they wanted to clean but they told me there was a smell of weed, I invited them to check in my room if they wanted to as nothing was in my room and there was no smell. I have been invited to a meeting with the warden of my halls and I am worried I could get kicked out of my halls.

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will have to attend a meeting with the warden, which will result in either a warning, an expulsion or none of the above.

My absolute priority is not to get kicked out. How should approach the meeting: Deny everything and stand my ground, although my room did smell a bit of weed or should I be sincere and say I did a mistake of smoking weed in my room and tell her I learnt my lesson and that getting kicked out of my halls of residence would be devastating for me?

Does your contract say they can remove you for that reason?