13262538

My ex-husband and I lived in England many years ago and we

Customer Question

My ex-husband and I lived in England many years ago and we both saved in individual private pensions. We are now legally divorced and living in different countries but my ex-husband owes me thousands in unpaid child support, can I place a lien against his pension in Britain to collect some of the debt which is owed to me ?
In what country was the maintenance Order made?
clare
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The United States

And where is he living at the moment?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

He is still living in the United States, I'm living in Ireland with the kids. He cut the kids off many years ago, and doesn't want to see or hear from them. He also doesn't pay me any support, because he says he's unemployed. The Child Support agency have said he doesn't have to pay me anything at the moment because he has no income(except federal aid - food stamps)but he does owe close to $80,000 in back child support.

if there was away to place a lien on the his pension at least I could be sure of seeing some of the money I'm owed. As you can imagine, it's pretty difficult to bring up 3 children by yourself.

I am sorry but no there is no way that you can get a lien or any other form of charge on his pension here in the Uk.
had it been a pension in payment there might have been a possibility - but as things stand there is simply no claim that can be made.
I am sorry to have given such bad news.
Please ask if you need further details