12826847

My younger sister and her siblings took out power of attorney,

Customer Question

My younger sister and her siblings took out power of attorney, both parts on my mother , who had been receiving treatment for dementia and had received all the treatments from the memory clinic and could receive no more. I was not notified of the power of attorney until it was too late to contest it. My sister informs me I am now not in my mum's will. She is trying to prevent me from visiting her in the care home. I don't know what right if any I have to either contest the will if its true. My mother stored a lot of my personal effects in her house ie my certificates, photographs and some items I bought whilst living overseas. My sister stopped me having access to my mum at home by changing locks, and is now trying to prevent me visiting my mum in the Care home. Di I have any rights

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

How can I help with this?

What is the ideal outcome?