75100385

I have the FB page of this person, they keep setting up profiles

Customer Question

I have the FB page of this person, they keep setting up profiles and then abusing us via them. The content is hugely inappropriate and abusive. Posts are left on our business page which is hugely detrimental to our business. We would like to take legal action against this person!!! ASAP

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Have you reported this to the Police yet please?

JACUSTOMER-lrgp0ti4- :

Its not reported to the police. The women is American which makes it a little tricky, and we're here in the UK

Alex Watts :

I see. That really makes it hard

Alex Watts :

In reality you can not do anything about it, save for contact Facebook

Alex Watts :

This is because if she is in the USA then the UK Police will not be able to do anything.

Alex Watts :

They could contact their colleagues in the USA but given it is only FB abuse, they are not likely to act.

Alex Watts :

If it was a murder or some serious crime they are likely to take it further, but this is abuse.

JACUSTOMER-lrgp0ti4- :

I have her FB account details, and her friends FB account details, I have details of the comments as I was advised to keep as many copies as possible

Alex Watts :

All you can do in that case is write and contact FB.

Alex Watts :

Yes keep copies for everything and send to FB.

Alex Watts :

But in reality because she in the USA - there is very little you can do

Alex Watts :

I am sorry as I know this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I do have a duty to be honest

JACUSTOMER-lrgp0ti4- :

Even if shes emailing our business account to

Alex Watts :

Alex Watts :

Yes.

Alex Watts :

Try and complain to the Police, but I imagine they will say, she is in the USA we can't touch it

Alex Watts :

All you could possibly do is sue her in the USA, but then you need to know where she lives

JACUSTOMER-lrgp0ti4- :

So essentially we can't do anything to protect our family, friends and business from these attacks because she is based in the UK? Thats terrible. The behaviour is absolutely outrageous and has been persistent over years

JACUSTOMER-lrgp0ti4- :

I understand its limiting as she is in the UK but surely theres something

Alex Watts :

She is based in the UK?

JACUSTOMER-lrgp0ti4- :

Sorry, US

Alex Watts :

Yes US

Alex Watts :

All you can do is:

Alex Watts :

1) Complain to FB

Alex Watts :

2) Complain to the Police here, but dont be surprised if they do not do anything

Alex Watts :

3) Sue her in the USA

Alex Watts :

Those are the only options I am sorry

JACUSTOMER-lrgp0ti4- :

So how do we sue her in the US? This has to stop, we are at the end of our tether! Over 200 employees see the abuse she gives us!

Alex Watts :

You need to know where she lives and follow the Court procedure there, but as a UK lawyer, I am not an expert in that field.

JACUSTOMER-lrgp0ti4- :

Ok, so I get her address then contact a solicitor in the US?

Alex Watts :

Or I think they also have a small claims procedure depending on which state she lives in.

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

JACUSTOMER-lrgp0ti4- :

Sort of, I can't tell you the hurt she causes. Its like single white female. I've never experienced anything like this and had no idea how destroying and unhinged people can be

JACUSTOMER-lrgp0ti4- :

Thank you for your tim

JACUSTOMER-lrgp0ti4- :

e

Alex Watts :

Yes I can imagine it is very distressing.

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/

Alex Watts :