75100385

Type your question for Alex Watts here - the Expert is online

Customer Question

Type your question for Alex Watts here - the Expert is online now! Make sure to include all of the relevant details for a quicker answer.
I have served the other party with an order for an interrogatory after many failed attempts to get him to answer the questions. He has now applied for the order to be revoked on the grounds that he did not receive a copy of the application for the order. It is another delaying tactic as he has no merit. Is his application more than just a technical point and what can I do?

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Sadly there is nothing that you can do.

Alex Watts :

The matter will be listed for an application hearing.

Alex Watts :

If the Judge decides that it totally without merit then you may be able to apply for your costs for attending.

Alex Watts :

But the application must be totally without merit.

Alex Watts :

But sadly you can not stop him making the application.

Alex Watts :

But yes, it is a technical point.

Alex Watts :

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest

Alex Watts :