31090051

My brother was made redundant as a financial adviser by a high

Customer Question

My brother was made redundant as a financial adviser by a high street bank who informed him and all of the other workers in that unit that they were closing down the whole service to focus on mortgage business. After being made redundant 6 months later that same bank have introduced a referall to a 3rd party for this same service. More importantly evidence has now come to light that this same Bank were seeking a third party service whilst the people affected, including my brother, were still employed. Is there a case for compensation here as the service is still being offered, but in a slightly different way ? Thanks, Colin
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

As the new referral service was introduced six months after the redundancy the bank are entitled to do this, or indeed, employ new in house advisers and there is no claim for compensation.

After a job is made redundant the employer cannot fill the post within six months but is free to do so thereafter.

Happy to discuss further.

Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.