75100385

My Daughter lives in a flat middle floor- an old lady lived

Customer Question

My Daughter lives in a flat middle floor- an old lady lived up stairs with her daughter. For 3 yrs my daughter complained she had faeces and urine leaking down onto her balcony and her complaints were ignored. Eventually it hit national news that the old lady lived on the balcony in atrocious circumstances and eventually removed. She has also following this had to pay £90 a week to barely heat her flat, with a boiler that has constantly broke down and repairs made but not to effectively heat the flat. She has now for the past year had a man in his 40s living below who now has the stench of the squalor he lives in penetrating into the communal hall way and up to her flat and also up through her bathroom via the thin boarding that covers the stack pipe for the bathrooms. A new boiler was fitted last week and they found there was no earth wire in the flat and while they put this in they pulled her washing machine out and broke the door my daughter with all this suffering with major depression and her health and that of her children suffering she is a single mother who works as a geographer and not in receipt of any benefits how can she get any help to make the housing association to put all these wrong doings to right

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Has she complained to the managing agent or freeholder please?