29905560

If a company has a uniform code of practise do I have to buy

Customer Question

If a company has a uniform code of practise do I have to buy it. My company has now changed our uniform to black shirt and black trousers. They supply an apron and money bag.

I went into work yesterday and was asked by the assistant manager were my black shirt was. I informed her I did not have one she then proceed to tell me I had to go and buy one. I said I believed the company should supply me shirts as this is not my normal role. On this note she said no they would not supply me with a shirt and that she was now sending me home without pay as I refused to purchase a black shirt. So I lost a days pay.

The assistant manager also referred to a Job Description (which I have never had or seen) stating it was in there that I had to purchase my own uniform.

Are they right?

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How long have you worked there for?

Ben Jones :

Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - how long have you worked there for?