75100385

In the flats they have a management committee run by the tennants

Customer Question

In the flats they have a management committee run by the tennants and there has been objections about them putting the stair lift in on the basis that it restricts access. It means that my sister in law who is now quite disabled does not have the mobility to climb two flights of stairs.

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Under the Equality Act 2010 they have to consider all reasonable measures to be put in place.

Alex Watts :

It is against the law to discriminate.

Alex Watts :

If you believe that they have discriminated against her because she is disabled then there may be a claim

Alex Watts :

In that case you need to complain to the Equality Commission

Alex Watts :

They can investigate the matter for free

Alex Watts :

Their website is: http://www.equalityhumanrights.com/

Alex Watts :

For more information please also see: https://www.gov.uk/equality-act-2010-guidance

Alex Watts :