75100385

I have just been told that a storage company has sold my belongings

Customer Question

I have just been told that a storage company has sold my belongings and destroyed my documents. What are my rights they claim they wrote to me last year saying they would sell but I have since spoken to them and got a copy of the terms and conditions which state they would leave me a notice and give me 14 days to collect my property after which if not collected they may sell. They have not given me a date or time for the slae, made any inventory of my goods and aren't able to show me a receipt. What is my position

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Did you sign any terms and has your address changed please?
JACUSTOMER-umphqj48- :

No yes there were terms signed

Alex Watts : And what does that say about disposal please?
Alex Watts : When are they saying it was sent and the goods sold? Were you in arrears please?
JACUSTOMER-umphqj48- :

There will be a notice put up terminating the contract, following which if I have not collected my goods within 14 of terminating the contract, 14 days maybe sold. I spoke with them on the 2nd January 2014, I received no notice but a letter was sent May 2013, to which I subsequently entered into an arrangement for more time. My last discussion was this year

JACUSTOMER-umphqj48- :

Yes there were arrears

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
The solicitor left the chat with questions unanswered
You relisted this so it dropped off my screen.

When was the last payment? How much were the arrears?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The arrears they claim is £700

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

According to them this was in March but I do not have the papers to hand, as they were in storage

Can you remember when you last paid?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

As I said according to them but I cannot be certain of this since I made a payment after the date of the letter in May

Ok, have you changed address?