12826847

Hello there, I already have Solex Legal services

Customer Question

Hello there, I already have Solex Legal services who is doing the transfer of equity. They have done most of the paper but noew they need a letter to be by an independent solicitor. They sent me the follwoing information. See below. Can you direct m eto a person and price?

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR APPOINTED LEGAL REPRESENTATIVE OF OUTGOING PARTY

Property:XX XXXXXXXXXX XXXX, XXXXXXXX, London, XX XXX Client Lender: Halifax

Borrower: Miss A

Outgoing party: Mr B

We understand that you are acting for Mr A in providing independent legal advice in connection with the transfer of his/her interest in the above property to the Borrower and attach form TR1 transfer.

Our client Lender named above requires XXXXXXX XXXXXX XXXXX to sign the transfer in the presence of an independent legal representative and for the transfer to be returned to us under cover of separate letter on your headed notepaper. The letter is to be signed personally by a solicitor or Legal Executive (Fellow) and provide confirmation that :-

“I confirm that I have advised" Mr A" alone in a face to face meeting in respect of the transfer of equity in the above property. In particular, I have explained the nature of the transaction and practical implication of signing the TR1 Transfer form provided by the solicitors acting for Halifax. I have also advised him / her that upon completion of the transfer:

• The property may be sold by Miss XXXXXXX XXXXXXX or Halifax without his/her consent or any entitlement to any proceeds of sale

• He/she may no longer have any right to live in the Property

•He/she may not be entitled to the Property on the death of Miss XXXXX XXXXXX

I confirm that XXXXXX XXXXX XXXXXXX appeared to understand my advice and signed the documents freely. I have discussed with him / her the seriousness of the risks involved to him/her personally and advised him / her that he / she has a choice whether to proceed. I confirm I have his / her authority to confirm his / her understanding of the transaction and his / her willingness to proceed.

For the avoidance of doubt, XXXXXXX XXXXX XXXXXX was advised by myself, separately to Miss XXXXXXX XXXXXXX and not in the presence of anybody from Halifax. We confirm that we have carried out the necessary checks in order to verify the identity of the outgoing party” CERTIFICATE I,……………………………………………………………………………………………….. PRINT NAME of …………………………………………………………………………………………………. ………………………………………………………………………………………………….. PRINT ADDRESS PROPERTY BEING TRANSFERRED: ………………………………………………………………………………………………… ………………………………………………………………………………………………… Confirm that I have received a copy of the above letter. I confirm that I have read its contents and passed a copy to my legal representative. My legal representative is: Name of Firm/Company ………………………………………………………………………. Address…………………………………………………………………………………………. Telephone Number …………………………………………………………………………….. Name of person acting …………………………………………………………………………. I authorise you to proceed to complete the Transfer of Equity as quickly as possible. I confirm that from the date of the transfer I will/will not be residing at the property address. (delete as applicable) ………………………………………………… (signed) ………………………………………………… (dated)

What quotes have you been given so far
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare,

I have been given quotes of £400 + Vat. I have limited time so I have already made an apptmt to see a solicitor recommended by a colleague who is slightly cheaper.

Is it possible for you to process a refund of the £33 as I wouldnt require any further advice from yourselves? Thank you for reading my email.