12826847

My daughter booked a holiday on Saturday with Thompsons. It

Customer Question

My daughter booked a holiday on Saturday with Thompsons. It was a cruise with P&O She received the Thompson documents and paid a deposit. Today she has been told that she was put on a cancellation list at the time of booking and on Monday the price went up so she would have to pay £40 more. This was not agreed at the time and there is no mention of being on a cancellation list in the documents. It looks like the booking was not passed on to P&O until after the price rise and now she is without a holiday. They have quickly refunded her deposit which she accepted because she thought she was going to lose it. Has she any redress on this ?

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

If there is no mention of the cancellation list then she is entitled to the holiday at the price quoted.

I would have suggested that she paid the extra £40 under protest to get the holiday issue resolved and then complain about it later and if necessary Sue.

If she cannot get another holiday at a similar price, and as a result she has to pay more, then she is entitled to sue the holiday company for the difference.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need any more information.