12826847

I am a teaching assistant in a local special needs school and

Customer Question

I am a teaching assistant in a local special needs school and started in sept 2013 after being a student and an midday at the school for nearly 2 yrs and was left with 3 options walk away from the job I love stay and keep my mouth shut about another member of staffs conduct and abuse towards 2 pupils who couldn't tell anybody what was happening to them who both have profound multiple learning difficulties who cannot communicate to anybody, or follow the procedures and policy set out within the school which is what I did. I informed the safeguarding officer in this case was the head teacher and asked her to keep my name confidential which she promised me she would. After weeks and weeks of sleepiness nights I did take 2 weeks off with work related stress as advised by my gp. Went back into school and was told the class teacher who was aware of the situation and did absolutely nothing had been informed to monitor the situation other members of staff were interviewed and collaborated what I had said was the truth and they had witnessed it too. The ta in question was allowed back into the same class working with the same children and I feel it's not been handled well at all. The head teacher went against my wishes and released my name to the deputy head and 2 other managers without consulting me first. I just want to know legally if I did hand my notice in where I would stand in contacting the parents of the children involved because the only reason I'm there still is because of them and feel a real duty of care towards them. What do you suggest? Thankyou

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I wasn't informed of any outcome apart from the teacher being told it was me who whistleblew then I have had to work with the teacher and ta who have worked with the same children for nearly 3 years I witnessed abuse daily towards 2 children it broke my heart and recorded my meetings with the head teacher and the teacher who says she was aware of the goings on and had her own theories as to why she was the way she was towards these children it should not have happened the teacher should have spoken up ages ago and now I have to work with them which was difficult until they have both gone off with medical problems .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can u give me a bit of advice please I'm not sure what extra information you require from me ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
I have got any answer ?????
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. I have been asked to look at this as its my area of law. What do you want to achieve?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I would like to have justice for the children whom cannot speak and go home to tell their parents what has been happening to them . I feel she has abused the position she has been given and had a duty if care towards these children. I feel so strongly this person should not be around these vulnerable children and the parents have a right to be informed about what has gone on. Other members of staff have backed up my story whilst I went off because I just couldn't cope with it anymore. I feel vulnerable within my workplace and know she went straight back into the class after a meeting with the head teacher and played the victim herself as she has done in the past by claiming other members of staff we're bullying her when she is the bully . I'm totally disgusted at the way it has all been handled and why she has been allowed back in the class with these children it's so wrong. I feel my future prospects have been jeopardised by doing what I did but I know can sleep at night knowing I did the right thing for me .i feel it's been brushed under the carpet by the school she has a slapped wrist and been allowed straight back in to do it again . I will be up for assault myself if she does anything to these children and I am witness to anything else I feel I will have just go for her . I don't like the position I'm in having to work along side her, I'm shocked she has been allowed to carry on working in the same class and feel the head teacher hasn't handled the whole thing correctly . If I choose to inform the parents legally what would happen to me ? Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
I haven't had any reply been waiting ages ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can I have advice please I have paid for this service and have had no reply from anybody ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Haven't received a reply ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Had no reply at all