75100385

An injury lawyer say they are applying to the court for an

Customer Question

An injury lawyer say they are applying to the court for an order that I disclose documents (relating to accident books etc etc) which is time consuming and for something where they have not even made it clear why they feel there is any negligence on our part. Can I also make a representation to the Court to try and prevent this? Would they have to tell me which Court they have applied to?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Are you acting in person please?
JACUSTOMER-7m4r4sw2- :

I am the director of hotel and the case concerns a lady who's stiletto heal got caught in a lateral drain cover and she fell over. We gave her an ice pack etc and she was later observed dancing, in the shoes, at the party she was attending. The drains are commonly used in pathways and it is my contention that a certain amount of care is needed when wearing such shoes

JACUSTOMER-7m4r4sw2- :

Not sure if you are waiting for me to put something?

Alex Watts : Ok. You are required to disclose certain documents. If you do not then the claimant can apply to the court for an order that you disclose them.
Alex Watts : It may be time consuming but by law you have a duty to disclose accident books, reports etc.
Alex Watts : If you do not and they apply for an order and you lose, you would be liable for those legal fees of that application.
Alex Watts : In terms if any application you would receive notice from the court of a court date to consider an application for disclosure.
Alex Watts : This would indeed allow you to make representations.
Alex Watts : The court is required to order disclosure where such documents would aid litigation and the resolution of the case.
Alex Watts : But the claimant must state which documents they want and the purpose.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/