75100385

Hi Alex, you recently helped me regarding a problem with United

Customer Question

Hi Alex, you recently helped me regarding a problem with United Utilities, so far everything is going okay and the fish pond is safe but i need your help on a parking violation or parking charge notice from a company called Excel Parking on the Peel Center in Stockport Cheshire, i was not the driver and no ticket was put on the vehicle because both yes their were two happened after 5oclock in the evening one on 15/1/214 41minutes and one on 17/12014 for 35minutes the fine will be £100 for each

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Do you know who was driving please?
JACUSTOMER-pgsbuov3- :

Hi Alex, yes i do , i do not use my car during the week and sometimes loan my car to an old chap i know who does voluntary work for two charities, i understand from him that he went to the Peel Center to Hobby Craft to buy some items for one of his charges, he went after five oclock thinking there would be no problem parking, on both occasions he never had a ticket placed on the windscreen both tickets show a photo in and out on the dates mentioned, he has offered to pay these fines but i feel that £200 for 76 minutes is a disgrace. There is a section on the back of the tickets asking me if i was driving the vehicle at the time of the offence, what should i do?

Alex Watts : Do you know if it was an overstay on parking ?
JACUSTOMER-pgsbuov3- :

No i don't i just feel that the amount charged is disproportionate if they would have said the price was £30 for each offence i would have paid it, these people are not kosha . Regards Brian

JACUSTOMER-pgsbuov3- :

Hi Alex don't forget me.

Alex Watts : Sorry Brian this didn't show up for some reason.
Alex Watts : Under new law owners are liable for fines.
Alex Watts : However they would need to show that there was a co tract
Alex Watts : that there was a contract, terms and conditions were obvious and that they have suffered a loss.
Alex Watts : Clearly here the loss is very small.
Alex Watts : You should therefore write back, ask for evidence and then to quantify their loss
Alex Watts : I am sure they can not
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
JACUSTOMER-pgsbuov3- :

Hi Alex, are we still talking about parking fines?

Alex Watts :

Yes

Alex Watts :

This is because a parking fine is a civil debt.

Alex Watts :

Council fines are different as they are governed by law.

Alex Watts :

Does this clarify?

JACUSTOMER-pgsbuov3- :

Hi Alex, if i paid £30 for each fine and then asked them to quantify the excess and not to contact me again would you think they would call it a day? considering that my friend told me the car park had very few cars parked, or should i just ask them to quantify?

Alex Watts :

Yes you could do that.

Alex Watts :

It would be for them to accept or reject.

Alex Watts :

You could say you are paying £30 in full and final settlment

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

JACUSTOMER-pgsbuov3- :

I think i should have just paid the tickets and saved myself £33. Alex Hughes where are you?

Alex Watts :

My name isXXXXX

Alex Watts :

You have rated poor service?

Alex Watts :

You asked if you paid £30 for each would that be ok?

Alex Watts :

I said yes and it would be up to then to justify it?

Alex Watts :

What else would you like answered?

JACUSTOMER-pgsbuov3- :

Nothing Thank you.

Alex Watts : Ok