My EPC says "C" and £500 per year. Actuals are over £2000!

Customer Question

My EPC says "C" and £500 per year. Actuals are over £2000! I 've had it re EPC'd and it's a G. Can I sue for misrepresentation?
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
My name isXXXXX and I'm happy to help with your question today.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

EPC is certificate still required by Housing Act 2004 prior to letting or selling and gives utility consumption data, presumably to inform the decision of potential lessee or buyer.

This is a letting situation and the EPC forecast is way out over actual consumption and a privately commissioned EPC says the property is a "G" rating not a "C" as per the letting paperwork. I'm minded to sue for misrepresentation. I have already issued a bill both to the letting agent and landlord for the difference which remains unpaid.

Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. I am not an expert in this area so will opt out and another expert will assist you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Why did you reply positively in the first place then?

Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
To see if I could assist but sadly I cannot. Another expert will be along soon. Thanks very much for your patience.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

First time I've used service. "Expert" led me to believe further information would help which I provided - then he/she aborted stating "not my field".

There was enough information in the first question to determine field of interest!

Good idea but rubbish response. Money back please AND cancel subscription. Please confirm this is done. Thank you.

Trevor Adams