12826847

my brother has learning difficulties and needs 24hr care, i

Customer Question

my brother has learning difficulties and needs 24hr care, i have looked after him for the past 45yr, but since my mother past away 4yr ago my half sister who is older than me took upon herself to get involved with the daily running of my brothers needs, she also took upon declaring that she was my brothers next of kin to social services also she is half sister to my brother, i look after my brothers money matters and my name is XXXXX XXXXX the d.l.a. i feel that all those years i have spent looking after my brother have been taken away from me, can my sister do this without talking to my brothers family first, KIND REGARDS XXXXX
What is actually happening that you have a problem with?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the question is can a half sister appoint herself as next of kin even if the family is against her actions on this matter?

When you say "appoint herself" - what has she actually done - just told people she is next of kin?