31090051

My Daughter has had two bank accounts arrested on Friday

Customer Question

My Daughter has had two bank accounts arrested on Friday 24th January 14. There is a debt outstanding to Scott & Co from a previous relationship. My Daughter received no correspondence at all to the address she had stayed for over two years. Needless to say she is completely distraught. She has no prove that it is Scott & Co but it is the only thing that she can think of. Can you please adivise ? My Daughter is working offshore, just left yesterday for two weeks. I would be grateful for any guidance to give to her. Thank you Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX XXXXXXXX

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

Scott & Co are sheriff officers and they will be acting for a creditor. Do you know who the creditor is? The bank should be able to advise. She then would have to contact the creditor to make arrangements re any debt owning.

Alternatively Scott & Co could be contacted for details of the alleged debt.

Clearly your daughter's current address has not been identified with this matter as she would normally be sent at arrestment schedule and that is what she needs to get from the sheriff officers who lodged the arrestment.

Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Happy to discuss further if I can.