29905560

Hello, I work for the local council and need to know whether

Customer Question

I work for the local council and need to know whether a modern apprentice can be given hours of work which would normally be given to a permanent member of staff.

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Could you give me a bit more information about this please?

JACUSTOMER-r3b6u268- :

I don't know what else you need to know. I work in a council owned cinema as an attendant, the apprentice is a projectionist apprentice. Instead of calling on myself or my colleague to work extra hours as would normally happen, my line manager asked the modern apprentice to fill in. What I would like to know is, can she legally do this?

JACUSTOMER-r3b6u268- :

I have not received an answer please refund my money

Ben Jones :

Hi, I am afraid I was offline by the time you had replied, also you marked your question as Medium urgency. I am available now to continue. I need some more information, like how long you have worked there for, what your contract says about this, etc?