75100385

This is a question of what we should do about the Peverel organisation

This is a question of what we should do about the Peverel organisation refusing to carryout
consultation with residents of Castlemeads Court in Gloucester, the project is a £42,000
internal redecoration, they are refusing to consult with our residents.
the project is due to start 3rd February, we only had 3 weeks notice.
As we understand it this is in direct conflict with the AHRM code of practice
hope you can help, best regards XXXXX XXXXX

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Could you explain the situation a little more?
Customer:

eThe situation is that several months ago we had the opportunity to view proposed wall covrings & colour schemes,

Customer:

the method was for residents tick their preference & the scheme with the most votes would be the scheme chosen,

Customer:

there has been no communication to which scheme was the winner, we were promised full consultation on the project

Alex Watts : And have you gone to court please?
Customer:

prior to any contacts being awarded, So far Peverel are refusing to carryout consultation as laid down by the AHRM code

Alex Watts : Ok. Have you gone to courts.
Customer:

of practice. the project is worth circa 42K & due to start 3rd February, giving 3 weeks notice.

Customer:

alex we are senior citizens & do not have the means to do legal challenges

Alex Watts : Ok. Are they a public body or private firm?
Customer:

private firm

Alex Watts : Ok. Just to confirm you are not prepared to proceed to court?
Customer:

no we do not wish to proceed to court

Alex Watts : It's bad news then Pete. If they are in breach if their own rules and the AHRM code the only way stop it is by going to court.
Alex Watts : This is because you could get an injunction to make them comply or seek a declaration that their decision is void.
Alex Watts : But because they are not a public body you can only challenge this in court.
Alex Watts : If you do not wish to do this then sadly there is very little you can do.
Alex Watts : This is because they are a private firm.
Alex Watts : I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you but I have a duty to be honest.
Customer:

can we embarrass them by going to the press, we have reported them to peter bottomley

Alex Watts : Yes of course
Alex Watts : But this is not guaranteed as you know.
Alex Watts : You can post facebook oages
Alex Watts : pages
Alex Watts : But you must make sure what you write is true and accurate.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

ok thanks for your help we will ensure our statements are honest & accurate

Alex Watts : Please do so and if you need further help come back to ne
Alex Watts : me
Alex Watts : If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/