75100385

Can My friend be arrested for drink driving from three days

Customer Question

Can My friend be arrested for drink driving from three days ago. My friend has no recollection of it but apparently two people saw that he was drunk

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Could you be arrested - yes
Alex Watts : Is a prosecution likely - if they can not show you were driving above the limit without evidence then no.
Alex Watts : This is because if you deny it they need to prove to the court beyond doubt that not only was your friend driving but that he was also over the limit
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
JACUSTOMER-zz3b4s38- : So to confirm, just two people stating that he was drunk driving is not enough for a prosecution but enough for a possible arrest?
Alex Watts : They need to show he was above the legal limit.
Alex Watts : Just because someone suspects does not mean he was.
Alex Watts : If he says no I was not prove it - they can't,
JACUSTOMER-zz3b4s38- : So it's best he just denies it. Or can they back track for blood analysis
Alex Watts : They can but the longer they leave it the less likely it is to get any alcohol in the system.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything?
JACUSTOMER-zz3b4s38- : this was supposedly Friday/sat morning
JACUSTOMER-zz3b4s38- : is there still a possibility
Alex Watts : ok, I am not a medical exper but I would think it would be out if his system now.
Alex Watts : In any event they can't prove he didn't have anything to drink today which might inliguence any analysis.
JACUSTOMER-zz3b4s38- : ok, thank you. Do you think it likely they would arrest?
Alex Watts : I can't say for sure. Given it is this long the chances decrease.
Alex Watts : If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
JACUSTOMER-zz3b4s38- : Thank you
Alex Watts : All the best,
Alex Watts : Please remember to leave feedback before you go today.
Alex Watts : Does this help?
Alex Watts :

Please take a moment to leave feedback before you go today