Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I want to run a small water pipe underground across a neighbours

Customer Question

I want to run a small water pipe underground across a neighbours land, with his permission, to enable me to discharge grey water to a river course as approved by the Environment Agency. What sort of easement do i need to arrange with the neighbour
Expert:  Buachaill replied 3 years ago.

Buachaill :

1.This sort of situation is normally dealt with by the grant of a wayleave by your neighbour over his land for your benefit. A wayleave grants the use of your neighbour's land to pass a pipe along a defined space in the earth beneath his land. For this, I would advise that you get a local solicitor to draft the wayleave for you, so that you may register it on your neighbour's land title. In this way the benefit of the wayleave will pass to your successors in title should you decide to sell your property.