Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor with more than 30 years experience
18726264

Hello....I am a member of Just Answer. Please can you help. I

Hello....I am a member of Just Answer. Please can you help.
I am a letting agent, my previous 1/3 shareholder had to leave due to taking money from the bank account. In the meantime she has started her own agency with three of my Landlords.....she is now asking for all the correspondence relating to the tenants etc, such as Deed of Guarantee , Tenancy agreements, Certificates etc.
Do I have to pass theses on to her.
During a court case last month she lost the case and has to return the shares.
Thank you Heather Ellis Jones
Thanks you for your question. Unless you have an effective restrictive covenant in her contract then she can do what she likes if she is no longer employed by you but as to documents, you hold those as agent for the landlord. So the landlords need to give you instructions to pass the documents over - that is assuming that they have terminated their contracts with you. She has no right to ask for anything unless she produces signed authority from the landlords.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so much for your prompt reply.

No problem