75100385

MY regulated tenant want to leave and I am happy to agree to

MY regulated tenant want to leave and I am happy to agree to this. Is there any specific document he should sign? He has also asked me for a fee of £10,000 which we have agreed to. Any advice would be appreciated.

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

As you know a regulated tenancy is a very secure tenancy and they have considerable rights.

Alex Watts :

If he has agreed to leave for a fee of £10,000 I would get a simple agreement drawn up by a Solicitor.

Alex Watts :

This would set out that he is leaving of his own free will, has no claim either now or in the future against you in return you will pay £10,000 by x date.

Alex Watts :

This can be drawn by a Solicitor, signed by both parties in full and final settlement.

Alex Watts :

The Solicitor can also witness the document.

Alex Watts :

This protects your position as the tenant can then never come back and try to claim he was unlawfully eviction or try to invoke certain rights.

Alex Watts :

So my advice is to get a Solicitor to draw up an agreement you can both sign.

Alex Watts :

You do not want him come back in 12 months time saying he was unlawfully evicted or anything.

Alex Watts :

So it is to protect you both

Alex Watts :

Customer:

That's great, thank you very much!

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexw/