75100385

I have recently rented out my property through an estate agent

Customer Question

I have recently rented out my property through an estate agent and agreed to have the rent collection service for which I pay the agents 10% of the rent each month. The tenants have a 2 year contract and I have no concerns whatsoever with the tenants. I am appalled at the incompetence of the agents and have made an official complaint. They have charged me fees for services that I did not have; insurance, inventory fee and gas safety certificate. All of these things I sorted out myself and provided them with a copy of gas cert. It took 4 weeks for them to refund the money to me after numerous phone calls & emails to which they never replied. I was told on several occasions that the money had been refunded when in fact it had not. They mis-informed me on several occassions as to what date I would receive the rent, they called the tenant and told him he was in arrears when he had already paid the rent. I have also asked to downgrade the service. The property manager told me that i can downgrade the service but that I will be invoiced for the remainder of the 2 year contract which is 22 months. Today they put a 'let by' board on my property without informing me or the tenant. The manager told me it would be removed today but the tenant was told it would be there for 2/3 weeks. I am very stressed and have absolutely no faith in this agency and therefore want to be released from the 'rent collection' service. How can I do this? kind regards, Linda

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : What is it you want to achieve please?
Alex Watts : Did you sign any contract please?
JACUSTOMER-0jnlm7r1- :

I did sign a contract at the beginning when I first asked the estate agents to let my property

JACUSTOMER-0jnlm7r1- :

I want to collect the rent myself as I do not have any confidence in the agents based on their performance so far.

Alex Watts : Is there a termination clause in the contract?
Is there a termination clause in the contract?