13262538

I have bought a house with my girlfriend before we got married.

Customer Question

I have bought a house with my girlfriend before we got married. She could not get a mortgage due to bad credit but i got the mortgage and it is in my name only. she put 30,000 in and i put 120000 in we are splitting up and she will not let me bell the house for what is left owing on the mortgage she wants it to sell at a massive prophet but i need to sell as cannot afford to keep payments does she have a say as the house is in my name only
How much is the property worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
Are you now married and are there and children involved?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no children married and property worth 600000 and 420,000 left

How long have you lived together and when did you get married (year) and what other assets and debts are there
What income do you each have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We were married 2012 moved to the house 6 mnths prior

debt are around 40,000 but all in my name as my wife could not get credit as poor credit history

MY wife quit work to study her passion in art and do her Masters which I founded and now looking for work. I work as a contractor as and when work is available so thats the only income at the moment

Are you willing to start divorce proceedings?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i will be once i know my rights

What were the debts used to pay for?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Loans and cars and her credit card
How much are the cars worth?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Nothing they are on finance
Within the Financial side of Divorce proceedings the court can order a sale of the property - and even set the sale price if necessary
Once the house is sold and the debts paid off there is equity in the region of £140,000 or so.
Yours is a short relationship with no children so it is likely that the court will try and return you both to more or less the same position that you were each in in at the start of the relationship.
Unfortunately given your respective capital situations i suspect it is likely that your wife will receive her £30,000 back and you will take the relatively small "hit" on your savings
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details