How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10537
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

how much grief and expense would i have to revert to my birth

Customer Question

how much grief and expense would i have to revert to my birth name.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 3 years ago.

Buachaill :

1. There are no restrictions in law on a woman using her birth or maiden name should she so wish. You can effectively revert to your birth name on your Birth Certificate without any legal process. However, if you changed your name by Deed Poll, you will have to once again effect a new Deed Poll and change your name to what you now wish it to be.

Related Law Questions