75100385

I wonder if I can ask your advice. For the first time in 23

Customer Question

I wonder if I can ask your advice. For the first time in 23 years breeding pedigree kittens, I find myself in the position of cancelling the adoption of a male brown Tonkinese kitten.
The kitten was booked by a Mr Sullivan at the end of November and I gave him a date of mid-January for leaving. His wife was at the time in France where her Father had just died.
For various reasons the kittens were first vaccinated on the 6th of January, thus necessitating the leaving date to be moved forward some two weeks to the 31st January. Not a big deal one might think, however when the husband phoned to arrange collection he was quite nasty and I repeatedly offered him his money back and the right to select another kitten elsewhere.
Mr Sullivan did not take me up on these offers.
Last Wednesday the wife phoned to book a time to collect the kitten on the 31st, which I did. At the end she suddenly asked the kittens date of birth, which I did not have to hand. When I phoned their private home telephone number I was shocked to find that they had a complete block on the phone, where the individual phoning was required to say who they were.
(Can we assume there may be a number of people who they are in dispute with???)

After giving the date of birth she launched into a tirade of abuse of her dissatisfaction. I let her rant for a number of minutes and then stated I had had quite enough and was cancelling the booking.

I then sent an e-mail of cancellation the following day and returned the entire deposit by post.
Five days later I received a rather intimidating e-mail, stating that he would not Bank the cheque and would not accept the cancellation.
I do not intend to let him have the kitten.
Regards....Angela

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Was any contract signed please?
JACUSTOMER-a97snw2y- :

No contract was signed. This is a private adoption of a Pedigree Tonkinese kitten. A deposit was given of half the value, which I sent back.

Alex Watts : Well Angela if no agreement was signed then you are quite right you can return the deposit.
Alex Watts : It is a matter for the customer whether they want to bank it.
Alex Watts : But you are free to cancel the contract and there is nothing they can do.
Alex Watts : If she continues to be abusive you should report this to the Police.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/

Alex Watts :

Please do take a moment to leave feedback before you go today