75100385

Hello, My husband made a claim for Pension Credit in 2010

Customer Question

My husband made a claim for Pension Credit in 2010 for me as well but time has passed and we attended an interview under caution and the amount was for £60,000 and he now has an overpayment of £8000 odd and we thought it was left at that.But now my husband has to go to court and answer a charge of making a false representation because he failed to declare that he had capital in excess of the prescribed Limit, intending to make a gain for namely Pension Credit for himself.The claim was made over the phone back in 2010 At the time I didnt realise who he was talking to if I had known I could have completed the Pension Credit form and asked my husband the appropriate Questions to complete the Application..now its too late and he is scared that he will have to go to Prison, My husband John has never been in trouble before and in hindsight he now wishes he had mentioned all of the savings at that time Should my husband plead guilty ? Court date is February 11th 2014.thank you for listening .Maureen

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Was the overpayment £60,000 but is now reduced to £8,000?

Alex Watts :

Or it is a case that it was always £8,000 please?

JACUSTOMER-btd1sl1k- :

Sorry the £60,000 was reduced to £20,000 so he has now £8,200 to pay back in overpayment of which my husband didnt declare.

JACUSTOMER-btd1sl1k- :

The £8,200 is additional to the £20,000.